Patient and Family Advisory Council
AHS is recruiting patient and family advisors to help ensure this health campus is built for optimal patient and family centered care. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to contribute to the future of healthcare in Edmonton!
Council members will be asked to make a 2 or 3 year term commitment, with an option to extend for additional terms, to attend 1 meeting each month in person (excluding July and August). Meetings will be scheduled on the Second Thursday evening of the month from 5:00 pm– 7:00 pm at the Alberta Infrastructure Building in Edmonton. Council members may also be provided opportunities to get involved in additional working groups if they are interested in particular topics.
Specifically, AHS is recruiting Council members who:
· Have lived experiences as patients or family caregivers;
· Represent the broad geographic reach of the Edmonton Zone;
· Represent the cultural diversity of the New Hospital/Health Campus’ neighbourhood; and
· Reflect a range of ages and stages of life.
AHS’s Patient and Family Advisors are:
· Good listeners and system thinkers
· Non-judgmental, and respectful of others and their perspectives
· Able to use their personal experience constructively
· Able to see beyond their own experience; to see the big picture
· Positive and collaborative
If you are interested in joining NEHP Patient and Family Advisory Council, please complete the survey here or email your Expression of Interest to: Community.Engagement@albertahealthservices.ca.